The Winchester Street site will be called Hamble Fields and the development will be located to the north east of Botley, within walking distance of the village centre. The historic character of Botley has influenced the design, which respects and reflects the local village.
Outline planning consent is expected to be granted for the development in Autumn 2020.
Key features of the development include:
- Up to 375 new homes, including 35% affordable housing
- 40 specialist retirement apartments and five adaptable bungalows
- Additional community allotments
- Community orchard
- New pedestrian and cycle links
- Public amenity spaces
- New village green and children’s play area
- Protection and enhancement of existing ecological areas, including buffer zone to River Hamble
- Availability of land for the Botley Bypass
- Two new points of access from Winchester Street
- BREEAM Communities ‘excellent’ development
- High quality landscaping and creation of new green areas